Sunday, June 13, 2010

Welcome...you to my new blog, and me to my new city!

Thanks for coming back...and making the effort to follow my blog posts...I know it can be a pain when people change sites..new bookmarks etc etc, I really do appreciate it! 

So how is Vancouver....well so far so good.  We checked into the Sheraton Wall Center residential north tower yesterday afternoon. We have rented a very tiny one bedroom condo until we find our own condo.....what it lacks in size it makes up in views.......check these out!


I think this place will work out just fine.......

As I type I cant stop thinking about this new job of mine....a Director or Global Retail operations.........big title but really its not that big of a deal! Basically its running two centers that support all of the credit functions for Western Canada, one here and one in Calgary. I am actually looking forward to working again, really I am.....I have never been good at being idle however I have enjoyed the last year off...its taught me a lot. Spending time alone allows you to ponder what drives you and what drives you crazy! I found that I just don't need to be busy, but I need to be challenged....something I hope this new role will do. Based on my nervousness I am guessing it will......! I am fascinated by my anxiousness....its been over a year since I have been in the professional world and I am not sure I remember how to do it...not to mention I don't know if  I am going to fit into my suits!

The next few weeks will unfold quickly.......the house in Victoria closes at the end of June so I will be back in town for that, starting a new job always taxes you, looking for a new home......which will be very different than the one we had.....and all in all trying to stay sane! That usually means that there will be a good bottle of wine, or two, consumed in the process and I will definitely share the details of with you........

I hope you will tune in often to see how things are going........

Talk soon

No comments:

Post a Comment