Saturday, March 3, 2012

Day 1 on the slopes!

Well, I must admit that our first night in Banff was officially finished with too much wine… but I rather knew that might happen… it was not one of those over the top nights, but I did wake feeling a little shall we say dehydrated…… but that was quickly alleviated by the coffee, Tylenol, and free continental breakfast at the hotel!

We jumped on the shuttle to Lake Louise, yes its a bus…something that we don't do very often but in this case its the best way to get there…….and it means you are free to have a couple of beers at the end of the day! On the way we were privy to seeing three cars are their roofs that had recently gone off the road… just another reason to be on the bus!



Our day on the hill was not as clear as it could have been so the pictures were not as wonderful as I wanted but the skiing was wonderful… when we actually got to do it… after an hour in the rental office and wondering if standing in a line with 100 other people while perspiring in a multitude of layered clothing that were meant to keep me warn are only now contributing to a new weight loss scheme, I thought… do I really even like skiing?

Well, I do……. very much and every time we do it I love it again and again, its always helpful to do with with people you like :-)



What a great day skiing… and finished off with a wonderful night at a great Italian restaurant…. I am starting to see a trend.. wine, food, sleep, ski…. repeat…… I guess its not that bad :-)



Talk soon…..

No comments:

Post a Comment