Thursday, September 13, 2012

What I did last weekend…...

The same thing over six thousand other people did…..I participated in the…..


What the heck is that you ask? Its a cycling event….Gran Fondo translate to "Big Ride" in italian.. so I jumped into a pack of over 6000 riders and headed up to Whislter….. I was lucky for a couple of reasons… the first is that I had done this ride twice already this year.. by myself, so I was really looking forward to drafting… and two.. I had Mike, my coach, my friend. WIthout him the last 20km would have been like walking my bike… his support and enthusiasm was lifting.. and much needed!




 
I had a blast… the day was warm, some of the roads closed, and coming over the Lion's gate bridge at 7am with the sun rise was priceless….. a memory I will have forever…..and this one… because I must admit…. crossing this finish line was SO cool!



So again, thank you Mike for your unwavering support before, during, and after the race…… much appreciated!

Another next year… absolutely.. just have to pick which one!



No comments:

Post a Comment