Wednesday, January 1, 2014

The loss of a Friend…..


Today should have been a happy day, it should have been a day that made me feel optimistic about the year ahead and being the first day of the year, is the best day to be positive and think about the great days to come in 2014…. and you know it actually started out that way. I slept in, I had really good coffee and and about 10am I decided the best way to ring in the new year was to go for a ride… and thats when it all went awry.

For those who have know me for awhile they will remember a day, long ago, when I had a bike accident during the Vancouver Triathlon and completely trashed my Bianchi, after the hospital it was on to get a new bike… I chose an Argon 18, she has been with me through a lot of good times and a lot of bad times, and even though I recently regulated her to my winter bike due to my new Colnago love, I still loved riding her.. and have been doing so all this winter.

So what is this lengthy dialogue all about, well I awoke this morning, ready to spend a couple of hours alone in my head (aka on my bike) and yes.. the worst thing I can imagine happened, it was gone, stolen……… the bike that had taken me through so much was now likely deemed to be torn apart and sold to support a drug habit or worse, to some unsuspecting girl who thinks she is getting a good deal on a great bike, until of course I see her on it and go completely Haligonian on her.. which trust me is not pretty…..

So I won't torture you any more with my grief, and while I know its not like loosing a life, it still feels like I have lost a friend…. RIP.. my girl.. until I find the %$^&% that took you and rip their heart out from their chest .. but really .. I'm fine… I'm Ok..




No comments:

Post a Comment