Friday, July 27, 2012

Images de la France…….

So as I wrap up my last few days in France I am forced to ponder when I will be back. You know that feeling when you travel, when go someplace new, you have those great expereinces… you just don't want to leave. You start wondering how quickly you will fall back into your daily routine..off to work, come home exercise, read, back to work… etc etc… while I like my life at home I have visions of myself travelling all over the world…living, experiencing, maybe even writing a blog ;-)

But, reality is reality and I must face it…. so because I can not stay here in Paris, or the south of France and have my morning coffee, explore cities and towns for hours, and at end the day sit in a cafe having a glass of Champange…. I have taken pictures to remember what it was all about and given the fact that I have already been sharing them with you…. I thought it would be a nice way to finish up the posts of the trip….. so here are my images of France…in my day I was a rather budding photographer and I think I still have the eye however I did not bring the equipment on this getaway.. so I apologize for any lack of creativity that might show through……….I hope you enjoy….



Lunch spot in Chateauneuf!
Happy with the barrels of wine! 





And you have to taste it!




Learning about the limestone….












































its definitely not flat!!
I loved the old winding streets of Provence… 

and fountains everywhere!

the towns were so picturesque! 







The coast was so beautiful! 


















Everywhere you look.. vineyards!

How is this for a spot to live

Champagne.. Reims.. the most wonderful place on the planet.. and the birthplace of my favourite wine in the entire world!

Cathedral of Reims… more history than Canada, on one sight...

the inside...


My favourite part of Reims.. Real Champagne, in a real French bistro from the 1930's.. at lunch! 

the beautiful view from the wonder tour of the upper area…...

And there is nothing like Paris!!!!!!

Dwight on the Velib, a bike rental system all through Paris! 

Art Everywhere!

Our morning runs in the Jardon de Luxenburg!

Would you believe a game of street hockey!!



And then there was our time in the Lourve…. yikes, there are not enough hours in the day!


Sitting here was more difficult than it looks…!
Inside the famous glass triangle…..


did I mention the beautiful art already… 

Yeah… I think I did…. how sensual is this…in marble none the less! 

They had a new artist displayed.. very wonderful…

Here he is……….check it out online.. really wonderful!

its a really, really big place.. a good thing I have my map guy with me! 


And of course the food and wine made for wonderful evenings……



The BEST restaurant in Paris…! 
We did have an elevator.. well..

Room for two only!

I hope you enjoyed the blog over the last few weeks, I certainly have enjoyed France. The people, the places, the food, the wine…..they have all contributed to some wonderful memories that I will always have……….

till next time…….happy chatting…….



No comments:

Post a Comment