Sunday, April 3, 2011

Cars, really pretty cars.....

I have a confession, I like cars....pretty cars. Weird I know......Sexy lines, bright headlights, horsepower, sport suspensions...all of it! It probably comes from the fact that I grew up with three brothers but don't worry...I still like girly things...dresses,  jewelry, and especially shoes....oh how I love pretty shoes!




So with my love of pretty cars I headed off to the Vancouver International Car Show this weekend. And it was a blast, so many pretty cars....shinny and the new car smell that just cant be replicated. It got me thinking about what I like about cars.......

Personally I think that cars should either be really utilitarian or really fun/sexy. My own list of cars to date...a rather bad second hand Renault Alliance (yes dreadful I know) that I paid more in insurance the first year than I did for the car! Then I moved onto a Mazda Mx3 - a sexy little silver sports car that was fun to drive however just slightly dangerous in 4 feet of snow when I lived in Ottawa. Then there was my beloved Jeep, hard top and soft top....which came off anytime I could let it! Drove it through snow regularly but the fondest memory is a trip into the deserts of Utah and Nevanda.....wonderful! Now I have a Mini, a fun little car - great for the city and with a sport mode that lets it feel super spunky on the drives up to Whistler.


What what makes a sexy car for me? Well this is a good start......but it is a little over the top..I like subtle lines, classy curves and something that will give you some g's when you push the pedal! like this one....





Its the Infinitely G37 x Coupe of course......3.7 litre V6 VQ engine that gives you 348 hp, sport suspension, and a twin air intake....the cockpit in the car makes you feel like you are in a race car.....but the seats wrap around you making you want to sit in it all day! 
So enough about my new infatuation, my dream last night had me driving one of these through the red rock canyons in Utah.....scary! 

Although Dwight likes this car his preference is for the 4 door, can you imagine doing something that cruel to a sexy sports car! Seems he is a a sedan man, the practical side of him coming out....for me its either really practical, like the Subaru that we have, or a sexy fast sports car.......just can't do the middle of the road! 

The car show certainly had a ton of great cars, but I did not spend a lot of time in  the Hyundai, Toyota or GM sections...more like a few hours with  Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Porsche,  and lets not forget the Ferrari stop! 

If you have to have a convertible.....
One of my favourites but 100K plus for a car just seems crazy!
We were not permitted to sit in this one and play! 

The only disappointment for the day......that they theme for the whole thing seem to be to have white cars.....I must admit white is my least favourite colour for a car, and to see all these wonderful cars dressed in white paint was really difficult to take! 

We finished the day in a great new pub (no surprise) that has been opened in the conference centre and has one of the best patio's in the country! Overlooking Canada place, with mountains water...and most importantly SUNSHINE and good beer. On the walk home I couldn't help but snap this photo of someone we have heard about over and over again for the past few months......too funny! If you want one of the t-shirts just let me know! 




Till next time - Happy chatting........




No comments:

Post a Comment