Monday, May 23, 2011

Unwinding.....


So we are finally here, the trip down was rather uneventful....plane was on time, no long line ups, found coffee and breakfast. We did our regular stop in Mesquite which is just on the boarder of Nevada and Arizona......food and wine/beer were the purpose of the stop and it still makes me chuckle to see the slot machines in the grocery store!

With our stops done we rolled into the Entrada complex around 4:00pm...perfect timing to unload the car, unpack and then unwind. The view is just as beautiful as I remember it, the red rocks and the warm air made me feel at ease instantly, well almost. As we sat in the back yard looking at this amazing view I could help but think to myself that I needed to be doing something, you know that feeling that makes you just a little anxious, the one that makes you get up and down a million times but for nothing. I was very tempted to grab my computer or my phone and loose myself in hours of mindless activities but then I thought, no...thats not what this is about. This trip is about unwinding, taking time to relax with Dwight in an environment that is beautiful.




So I went into what I call a forced detox, no not of wine, but of stress, of stuff to do, of noise and busyness..... could I do it we discussed, could I possibly sit here for a few hours with nothing but the view, the sounds of the frogs at night and Dwight? The answer was yes, and it was wonderful......so much so that I plan on spending every night like this.........

a little taste.....See if you can..?






No comments:

Post a Comment